Authors: Susan Salmond, EdD, RN, ANEF, FAAN, Aline M. Holmes, DNP, MSN, RNm Virginia Allread, MPH (a special thanks to Antonia Lewis, MPH)
This online module discusses the importance of re-framing the American healthcare system and moving from an acute illness focus to one of prevention and wellness and achieving health equity for all. This is part 1 of a 2 part series (part 2 is Population Health Data).
- Understand population health in the context of health care and how it differs from public health
- Identify the factors that influence health using the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps population health model
- Describe several ways that health data can drive action to improve health outcomes
- Learn how to prioritize both the populations and action steps
- Distinguish disparities and health equity.